Wondows is loading your desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
Today I have booted my pc up and instead of loading my desktop normally I get the desktop as if I had just created a new user account. Not just that but windows tells me that it cannot access my normal profile and I should try again later. In this message it also says that the profile that has just been created will be deleted once i log off. This has happened to me a few times today and it is very annoying, what is causing it and how can I stop it from happening?

Sounds like your unstable, is it hotter today, as in compared to lately? Maybe if you remove the side panel or reduce your oc a little?

oc, overclock, which you may or may not be doing. Have you cleaned the dust out of it lately? Check all your fans for proper operation. Run Memtest. Run Chkdsk.

oc, overclock, which you may or may not be doing. Have you cleaned the dust out of it lately? Check all your fans for proper operation. Run Memtest. Run Chkdsk.

I have recently cleaned the dust out of my pc, Ican't overclock with my mobo as I can't change the cpu settings on it and my fans are wroking fine, I run mem test last week so I will just check my disk.

Did you try to just restart and see if it will load up your normal profile? It happens form time to time where upon a restart it doesnt shut down the profile properly and loads a "Default" profile. Just restart again. It should come up just fine.

Did you try to just restart and see if it will load up your normal profile? It happens form time to time where upon a restart it doesnt shut down the profile properly and loads a "Default" profile. Just restart again. It should come up just fine.

I don't have a profile as such I just have a password on the PC, and there are no other profiles on the PC. If I restart the PC then it will load the normal desktop, but it seems to have stopped doing it now. I think thats what it may have been what you said just not shutting down properly.

That password is associated with a profile. Every Windows PC has a profile. If you have to select the profile at the login screen is something that can be disabled but by entering a password or even bypassing that stage you are loading a profile of some sort.

To verify what i have just said check for yourself. Go into C:\Users (For Vista/Win7) or go into C:\Documents & Settings in XP and you will see that there is a profile folder there. It will have the name that you gave it during the setup. In all Windows from XP and beyond you set this profile up right before Windows hits the desktop for the first time.

Installing Windows XP - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Very last image on that guide.

John Policelli's Blog Blog Archive Step-by-Step Guide to Installing Windows 7 Beta

Pictures 10&11 here is where it is located for Win7. It is just about the same in Vista as well. Those are the profiles. So even if at the login screen you dont have to click a picture, you still are accessing a profile. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom