At wits end with Nero 9! how do i make an image file bootable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
As title, basically ive spent all evening trying different programmes to put my image file onto a dvd so that its bootable.

Ive got the image file on my pc, so all i want to do is put this onto a dvd so that its bootable(using nero 9) ive done it a few times in the past but i just cant remember the correct process.

At the moment im going into nero burning rom and "burning image" is that correct? i thought it should be mounting? or something, because burning is no good right? ive already tried that and it doesnt work, so where am i going wrong here?

Here is the screen im going to and trying to work from

untitled-7.jpg

Please help, im so frustrated as it should be easy but i just cannot fathom it out tonight:madd:
Thanks

Right this is exactly what i do

Open up nero burning rom
Then click new and find my image file on my pc
Which im then greeted with the screen above, i set the lowest burn rate to make sure it copys well, and then click burn, it then goes through its varies stages and then after 10-15mins it says its finished successfully etc and ejects my dvd.

So i then open the dvd and theres nothing on it? its just blank?

Ive already tired burning it in nero and imgburn and it doesnt work. Poweriso does not let you do anything with files over 300mbs unless you buy it so thats no good.

Im clearly either doing something wrong or missing a step.

This is the file im trying to make bootable

3.jpg

Been searching the internet and found something that says i might have a problem if the file is over 2gb? not sure if thats right.

Ive done this before but the file was under 1GB and im sure i didnt have too much problems doing that, but this time i cant get it to work

Ah yes, just did a bit of searching after you mentioned that, and Nero isn't able to burn ISO files larger than 2GB (Why the 2gb file size limit for ISO? - Club MyCE).

But I have used ImgBurn on several occasions successfully (though now I use USB sticks instead of discs).
I open ImgBurn, click on the 'Write image file to disc' button, select the ISO, and then burn it. works fine for me.

ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP do not have issues with files over 2GB. I use them both to burn 4GB ISO and IMG files all the time.

Right guys, it appears that it was a problem with the file because ive got other image files on my pc yet using the above method it worked perfectly first time, so it must have been a duff file or something.

Thanks for all your replys though

Please share and list the steps you took with the particular software to sucessfully burn / make an image file bootable

let's clarify a few things first. what kind of disc is it?

is it an windows OS disc? if it is, use nlite to make a bootable iso with those files. 1st use an iso program like the free virtual clone drive below to mount it, import the windows files into nlite or vlite then just pick make a bootable iso option.

SlySoft Download | AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, GameJackal, Any DVD, Clone DVD, Clone CD, Game Jackal

or are these files that you have put together yourself and you just want to use nero to make the cd bootable? then pick this option

Image1-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom