a wired way to get multiple dynamic ip for two nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Michael, actually many people in many real cases who're limited to connect to a slow server with only one ip want to have more than one ip for multiple simultaneous connections to speed up access which is like what you said to have two modems.

I do wish that could be done. Maybe there's no one can do it now doesn't mean it couldn't be done in the future.

Thanks for sharing.

What you are wanting is called NIC teaming and is only possible if both the ISP and the client side hardware support it. Thing is though that there is no benefit to doing it now, cause the nice speed is far greater then the Connection you have to the ISP. Plus this practice is cost prohibitive on both the client side and the ISP side. Nice thought. What I would like to see is Fiber running in my house directly to the ISP. Then life would be good. and then NIC teaming would be useful, since the speed of the fiber has the potential to be faster then the NIC's...

Oh yes, that's NIC teaming. But I think NIC teaming could be more better than fiber in certain cases in which some remote servers offers only limited connection speed with only a single ip connection for user. User in this case can't connect for more than one session. Fiber won't solve this issue, but teaming does.

Hopelessly my though couldn't come true for this moment. Do wish some special software could overcome this issue & create teaming as my mentioned scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom