Windows XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey Everyone, I lost my cd for windows XP Pro but I still have the product key. Is there a way I can download the software off the internet?

Look on the torrents. Legal as long as you have the legit product key. Or borrow one from a friend or a computer shop, and make a copy of it. Can also order a replacement disc from M$ I believe.

I got this computer from work and it has a product key on the side of the case. Is it still legal for me if I got it from work?

as long as you legaly own the pc, then i beleve yes. correct me if i'm wrong tho. mak knows alot more about this kind of stuff than i do.

I got it from my work because they were throwing a bunch of computers away and people were taking the computer home so I took one aswell. So I didnt buy the computer but would it still be legel to me?

Yes its still legal. Like I said, as long as its a legal key, you're safe ;). All M$ really cares about is the product key.

Now technically this can be argued. Cause he did not purchase the system and he has no proof other than the word of his work that he now owns it. So it could be argued by Microsoft about the legality of this issue.

But i highly doubt that they will bother to throw a fit about it. You will be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom