windows xp new look - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
 
KSoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C:\
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: windows xp new look

You must be talking aobut the KoL theme that he had done. Basically he hacked the UXTheme from Vista to work on Windowsblinds. Some of use still ahve that sitting around.

It was a good theme but there are some better ones out there. I know someone on 1 of the sites i visit has redone the Zune Theme to give the Start button a different color. I dont remember if i still have that one or not.
__________________

__________________
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: windows xp new look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
You must be talking aobut the KoL theme that he had done. Basically he hacked the UXTheme from Vista to work on Windowsblinds. Some of use still ahve that sitting around.

It was a good theme but there are some better ones out there. I know someone on 1 of the sites i visit has redone the Zune Theme to give the Start button a different color. I dont remember if i still have that one or not.
got any freebies u highly recommend??
__________________

__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/
 
Trotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 31,302
Default Re: windows xp new look

I like using the Prototype theme with WindowBlinds, and the Stealth OS theme. I've got several of them, but I like a minimalistic look and darker/mid colors, mainly blacks and greys. The G-Pod v 2 theme is pretty cool as well.
__________________


My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard


R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: windows xp new look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
I like using the Prototype theme with WindowBlinds, and the Stealth OS theme. I've got several of them, but I like a minimalistic look and darker/mid colors, mainly blacks and greys. The G-Pod v 2 theme is pretty cool as well.
i can't afford windows blinds!!!!
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
 
KSoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C:\
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: windows xp new look

Neowin Forums -> Customizing Windows XP

Go there read the pinned topics about replacing the UXTheme and using their patcher. Then download their patcher. From there you can get any UXTheme or MSSytle you want and apply them. Mostly from Deviantart and joejoe.org. There are a few other sites around but nothing like the collection those 2 sites have.

Windowsblinds does have a free version of 5.51 out there. I dont know how good it is or if it is jsut a demo. But it is available for free. Also available for free if you know someone well wnough to give you thier pass.
__________________
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: windows xp new look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
Neowin Forums -> Customizing Windows XP

Go there read the pinned topics about replacing the UXTheme and using their patcher. Then download their patcher. From there you can get any UXTheme or MSSytle you want and apply them. Mostly from Deviantart and joejoe.org. There are a few other sites around but nothing like the collection those 2 sites have.

Windowsblinds does have a free version of 5.51 out there. I dont know how good it is or if it is jsut a demo. But it is available for free. Also available for free if you know someone well wnough to give you thier pass.
i already patched mine, first thing i do when i install XP
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 175
Default Re: windows xp new look

Does anyone else find that Windows Blinds causes system instability, I have used it 3 times and about a month after installation my PC goes down and I have to reinstall windows.

Maybe it's just me :S
Raziel-Zero is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
 
KSoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C:\
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: windows xp new look

I have run Windowsblinds since i installed XP. Everytime I reinstall as well. I have never had a issue with it.

Just a note here. I knwo that the cracked versions of windowsblinds can cause this issue. Not saying that yours is not legit. But i have heard of this problem with the illegit versions.
__________________
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
 
KSoD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: C:\
Posts: 35,647
Default Re: windows xp new look

vernong1992

Have you looked at jeojoe.org? I know they have a bunch of visual styles there that can be used this way. Most of them are like Vista/Longhorn but they are good. It is worth a try.

Other than that i would say some of the transformation packs. But caution with those as they can be a brat to uninstall.
__________________
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: windows xp new look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
vernong1992

Have you looked at jeojoe.org? I know they have a bunch of visual styles there that can be used this way. Most of them are like Vista/Longhorn but they are good. It is worth a try.

Other than that i would say some of the transformation packs. But caution with those as they can be a brat to uninstall.
u mean joejoe.org? i haven't visited that site b4, lets try it
__________________

__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
windows xp file sharing coolray Microsoft Windows and Software 3 01-06-2008 06:08 PM
Windows Vienna (Blackcomb) mssssee2 Microsoft Windows and Software 16 09-23-2007 03:57 AM
Windows Vienna re-codenamed Windows Mesa ??? Joe Li Off Topic Discussion 30 08-31-2007 05:09 AM
Mac OSX style Windows Cyber.Logan New Systems | Building and Buying 2 06-06-2007 12:05 PM
Windows Activation Problem SmellyOne Microsoft Windows and Software 6 04-28-2007 09:16 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.