Windows Vista blackouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Hello I recently frankenstiend a computer together out of parts i had laying around. The motherboard and HDD came from the same computer, and had a legal copy of vista on it. I am also running duel monitors. Everything was working fine till... one day my main monitor wasn't waking up from power save mode. My first thought is something happened to my graffix. But then i learned if i hit ctrl/alt/delete and brought up the vista prompt, it brought my monitor back on. This doesn't happen every time the monitors enter power mode, just sometimes. Then last night while i was wowing, the screen would blink about every 30 mins. but outside of wow it was fine. I was thinking it was my graphics card, but outside of wow it never does it. And once the card is on i don't really have any problems. Plz let me know of any ideas cause i am stumped.

Sounds like the power saver options. Make sure you turn off the screen saver and have the standby and hibernate options turned off. But turn them back on when you are done gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom