Windows Media Sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
Not sure if this belongs here, or at a different subforum. So, sorry in advance if it's in the wrong section.

I'm wanting to set up Media sharing between Windows and my PS3. I have looked in Windows Media Player for the 'Sharing' option. There is nothing of the like in my WMP. Can anyone tell me where I should be looking in? Once I figure out the Media Sharing issue, I should be good to go, and get this done quickly.

I've searched Media Sharing Windows 7 on google (I Know)... I found a site, but I can't load it.

Engineering Windows 7 : Media Streaming with Windows 7 Would that explain what I need to do? In the heading, it seems like that's what I need to do.

That is to do it via HomeGroups which can only be done with Windows 7. You will have to do it the same way you would in Vista or XP to get it shared to your PS3.

Right click on the folder you want to share and select Share with. you might have to make a specific identity for your PS3 to share with it.

That is to do it via HomeGroups which can only be done with Windows 7. You will have to do it the same way you would in Vista or XP to get it shared to your PS3.

Right click on the folder you want to share and select Share with. you might have to make a specific identity for your PS3 to share with it.

Thanks, that worked great. I'll have to do some tinkering with the sharing, to make it share just one folder, instead of all folders in the Public Users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom