Windows Media Center 2005...Help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to Makaveli
Default Windows Media Center 2005...Help

Well, I am buying a laptop with this version of Windows...Im a windows XP Home edition user...What are the differences/ pros and cons of media center? Ive never used it, and is it better than XP or not? Any help would be great

Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

It pretty much is XP pro without domain support, and it has the media center interface, which on a TV is cool, but im not sure if i would use it on a monitor.

With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Media Center would be useful if it'd let you record in the regular mpeg2 format... I use a Winfast PVR card, and the software that came with it got too annoying, so now I let MCE record, and I then run a small batch file a few minutes later to convert it. (All so I can play it in Winamp.) Annoying if you ask me!

Sorry for that rant... But yeah, like Bruce said...if you're using Home now, there will not be anything missing in Media Center Edition... just new toys for you to play with.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Oh and dont 4get the windows dancers.
With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Closed Thread