windows live messenger wont open?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
well my windows live messenger quit opening for me. I dont know whats going on. ive googled to no avail. the windows live writer and mail and everything else works except the messenger. when its clicked it makes a loading sound and then nothing. i check proccessess and it doesnt seem to be running in the background. please help.

it is according to support info 8.5.1302.1018. I updated the old on about a week ago and couple days ago it just stopped opening up. no error message or anything.

i am getting this and i don't know how to fix it...

Installer-
The older version of windows live essentials cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.
Please close all other programs, and then try again. It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working. hr:0x80070643

I have tried to uninstall windows live completely but the installer wont let me. i cant delete the files out of "program files" and Control panel>add or remove program>windows live/windows live installer>support>repair doesn't work and neither does the "remove" in control panel.

i can get into mail and writer. it is just messenger i cant use. its frustrating me because messenger plays a big part in staying connected for me.

i tried what you told me and notta... im going to install the entire winows live essentials.

okay well no go on the re installation. i keep getting a message either saying it failed like before or the operation was cancelled. i am really confused. i have xp home by the way. i hate this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom