Windows 8 64Bit - USB3.0 Flash Drive not working

Motherboard manufacture's are the worst. I think they still use dial up. (sarcasm)
you should try getting something from ECS someday

Goto your device manager.
Look under your Universal Serial Bus Controllers group, does it look like windows sees the 3.0 controller? If so, right click it and click "update driver software".
Click "Browse my computer for driver software", then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", and then click "Have Disk..."

From here, browse to the extracted chipset driver exe file you downloaded, and then navigate to the following:

mb_driver_chipset-usb_fm2_w8\chipset-win8\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\USB30\amdxhc\W764A\amdxhc.inf
Click OK, and it should say under Model "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller".
Then click "Next".

See if that installs the correct 3.0 driver for you. If you get a message that tells you that driver was installed but the device is not active, then try the same as above except instead of "amdxhc", goto the "amdhub\W764A\amdhub30.inf" file.

Edit: Oh , and don't forget, when you're in the device manager list, to click the "view" toolbar and choose "show hidden devices".

Yeah thanks, but i've tried that. Just says "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. The best driver software for your device is already installed."

So basically it won't let me do that. Sucks.

I can not tell if the OP is using the same case or a different case, (the USB ports being on the front of the case)

Two entirely different PC's.

kmanmx said:
Yeah thanks, but i've tried that. Just says "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. The best driver software for your device is already installed."

So basically it won't let me do that. Sucks.
It should only tell you that if you choose the "search automatically for updated driver software" option, you want the "browse my computer for driver" option.
update-driver-software-bluetooth-peripheral-device.gif

Or are you saying that even after choosing one of the .inf files in the extracted chipset exe, it still gives you the message you specified?

Back
Top Bottom