Windows 7 USB Install, BSoD During, now I can't reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I was installing Windows 7 RC through USB method, and got a BSoD due to a bad overclock (forgot to change it back before I went to reinstall 7). I rebooted, went into BIOS and reset it to default. All was going accordingly, until the files were loaded. I get an error about files or something. (Not exactly sure what the error was.) It's an error from Windows Boot Manager. I don't have any other Windows 7 media, so I'm hoping I can repair my bootable USB.

Well you will have to get the files again so you can make a new USB. There is no way to repair install files.

Well you will have to get the files again so you can make a new USB. There is no way to repair install files.

That's what I was thinking. The only thing is, is I don't have the ISO anymore, and Microsoft doesn't host it. Would it be illegal to download the RC through a torrent, or on a website hosting it?

Come on now. What do you really think the answer will be? Of course. If it isnt hosted by Microsoft or a site that is backed by Microsoft of course it is illegal to obtain it elsewhere. When has it not ever been this way?

I figured it would be, but Microsoft hosted it for free, so I thought I'd ask. :p Looks like I'm picking up a legal version, sometime soon. Since I've been running Windows 7, linux makes me want to pull my hair out...

Even though it was free from Microsoft it still cant be obtained from a source other than Officially licensed ones. Same thing with Linux Distributions. ;)

Even though it was free from Microsoft it still cant be obtained from a source other than Officially licensed ones. Same thing with Linux Distributions. ;)

Yeah, I guess that would make sense. :p However, I managed to get creative with my flash drive (which still had the remnants of my RC), and a 32-bit boot disk. I am successfully running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC 7100 now. :grin: It took a while to get it figured out, because of a stupid .wim file, but all is done. I have yet to see any adverse affects, but I've only been up and running for the past 5-10 minutes... I'm putting off my upgrades that I have yet to purchase, and buying a retail copy of 7. I think that would be the smartest thing to do at the moment...

EDIT : Nothing was downloaded! Everything I used was downloaded directly from Microsoft, when I downloaded both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I believe I haven't done anything illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom