Windows 7 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Okay found this beauty while browsing the egg:

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade - Operating Systems

I know this upgrades vista to windows 7..but what happens to vista?

Would you be able to resell the vista disc (with valid/legal activation key) or will the key be tied to the windows 7 copy?

and of course I have to ask the annoying question

is windows 7 worth it? I just built this computer in december (first time vista user) and I'm okay with it. So is windows 7 worth it over all? Will everything (games/programs/etc) still work? I know they aren't many issues with the RC but I don't wanna end up downgrading.

Any help and additional information would be great

No you cannot resell your Vista key. The Vista key is used to install the W7 upgrade.

And yes, W7 is worth it. Its what Vista should have been. Will everything work? That's nearly impossible to answer, as we don't know what programs you use and whether or not they would work or not. So far everything has worked fine for me.

You couldnt resell your Vista serial because it is already used! It was used for activation on your machine which means that it is already used and can not be transferred. Which is already explained in the OEM vs. Retail thread.

Even if you have a retail copy, you cant just sell it cause what if you have to do a reinstall? Then you wont have the Vista that you need to use to do the "upgrade".

Read the Win7 thread and decide if it is worth it. There is enough information on those pages to satisfy your curiosity.

Okay your post indirectly answered my next question.

I thought the upgrade meant like " Well seeing how you just bought vista recently we'll let you have windows 7 for cheap". I didn't know it was basically an expansion pack (like a game how you need the original to install the expansion)

thank you everyone..this can be closed now

closed2ur0.gif

Per Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom