Windows 7 on my Aspire One :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
After about 2 hours messing with my USB stick to get it to be bootable, i extracted the windows 7 beta .iso contents onto the stick and installed on my Acer Aspire One netbook. Installed surprisingly quick, and booted up quicker than my PC does (remember this thing uses 1gb ram, intel atom and a 5400rpm HDD..) to my great surprise everything works well, better than Windows XP did.

The only thing that didn't work off the bat was the wireless, but that was quickly fixed.

I'm currently running it now whilst it's sitting ontop of my speaker, running Windows Live Messenger, FireFox 3 with several tabs, and downloading CSS through Steam (I don't have any hope of running it well, if at all..:p)

My point in posting this was to further clarify Windows 7 runs far better than Vista, and it even seems better than XP. For me to be running all of that, with 1gb of ram and a 1.6Ghz Intel Atom is very impressive indeed, for both my laptop and windows 7.

Although, it did Blue screen twice, but going into device manager showed the Wireless driver installed about 14different wireless adapter drivers all running, i disabled all but the one i needed and and it hasn't blue screened since been running about 2 hours now, it did Blue screen after about 15minutes before.

No complaints, everything works great ! battery life is about 30 or 40 minutes less (down to about 1hours 50mins :embarressed: but that's without editting the power plan and screen at full brightness, whilst downloading.

edit:

crap ! it just shut down, i have the hibernate setting at 10minutes and instead of hibernating it just turns off :mad: But then it does that on my PC, too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom