Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

No read the new more carefully. XP is the one going out of support phase. Not Vista. The OS's are supported for about 7 years after their release. That is still a tad bit off for Vista. It still has 2 years before it even enters the extended support phase. ;)

I suspect there won't be a extended support for vista, much like ME never got one. From the stance MS has taken, it looks to be vista is going to be their "Red headed step child" and left to die quietly in the corner.

They will extend the support of Vista. Even ME had extended support. It is not something that they are going to just drop. Vista will have it. Every OS they release has had it. Heck Win 9X platform had it for 11 years. That platform was dead when XP was released in 2001. If they are going to extend the support for a dead architecture then they will extend the support for Vista. It has alot of people using it. Just as many people use Vista and are happy with it as there are people that hate it.

. Heck Win 9X platform had it for 11 years.
WOW! has it really been that long? I remember windows 3.1 like it was yesterday. lol. *briefly drifts into reminiscing about the good ol' days of 3.1*... well... back to playin around with my new windows 7 ^_^

p.s.
Mak213, am I ever gonna be as cool as you?... all joker-fyed and whatnot. :p

Yes it has been that long. The 9X platform was support till Mid 2006 if I am not mistaken. That includes Win 95- Win ME. So while Win Me may have only been supported for 6 years, that would make Win 95 supported for 11 years. The extended support for Win 95 was long gone but the 9X Platform as a whole was supported for long time after the platform itself was no longer in use.

Dont feel bad about remembering Win 3.1 as i still remember Win 1.01 that i used for a brief period of time. That was back in 1984. Tells you how long I have been messing with this stuff.

You can be as cool as me anytime you want. But i will still be known as the original Joker of this site. :p

Has anyone tried running starcraft in 7?
I read that you have to mess with your screen resolution to get it to work. Just wondering if that's what it really takes / all there is to it.

EDIT: I don't know if there is any other way to fix the CRAZY COLORS problem, but this is how I did:
Code:
[color="yellow"]ONE-TIME SETUP:[/color]
[color="green"]1) right click on the starcraft / brood war shortcut and go down to 'properties'.
2) click on the "Compatibility" tab
3) DO NOT CHECK: the 'Compatibility' 
4) DO CHECK: all of the boxes in the 'settings' group.
5) click OK[/color]

[color="yellow"]TO PLAY:[/color]
[color="green"]1) Open your "Screen Resolution" window.
2) Leave the "Screen Resolution" window open while you play.
3) Launch the game
4) Enjoy *^_^*[/color]

I will try that next time i install Starcraft. I have tried everything including using XP Mode and nothing has worked.

Back
Top Bottom