Windows 7 constant blue screening

BronyHybrid

Beta member
Hey uhm, so I've got Windows 7, and it keeps on constantly blue screening. I don't know what is causing it, if it was my guess I would say some driver conflicts because sometime after I installed some new drivers, windows started to bluescreen almost every time it boots up. However, strangely enough, sometimes it DOESN'T bluescreen, and works perfectly fine. So does that mean I'm doing something to cause it to crash then? The error on the bluescreen is sometimes: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO but sometimes it doesn't say anything. The only way I've been able to use windows is through safe-mode, and even then it bluescreens sometimes! Gah, I'll provide you guys with anymore info ya need, but can someone help me?

You said you installed some new drivers. Did you install new hardware too? Or did you only update drivers for hardware you already had? Are you 100% sure that you didn't install the opposite drivers that go to your system type? (e.g. make sure you installed 64 bit drivers on your 64 bit system and not the 32 bit ones)

Lemme tell the full story; so uhm, back in the begining of september I completely re-installed windows. I had to install drivers, first the video driver, then the network driver (I had them on a usb stick before I re-installed windows), etc (However, Not sound, because the sound driver that came with windows was doing the job fine.) I got all of these drivers (except video, I got that from ATI's site) for my computer from ASUS's (The people who made this laptop) official site, after searching it for the drivers for my comp. So the drivers are compatible with my comp. However, one time, for some reason, I decided that I would install the sound drivers (The ones that came with windows were acting screwy) so I went on the official site, and installed them. Right after that, my computer starting blue screening after almost every boot up... so I guess it probably is the sound drivers that caused it.

And no, I didn't install new RAM or a new CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a restore point before oct 5, I installed the sound drivers last month. I've been trying to deal with the bluescreen and ignore it for a while, basically just keep booting up until it didn't bluescreen. I've posted her because I got tired of the bluescreens and wanted a solution for it.

I'm not sure, but after I uninstalled all of my audio drivers, it still is crashing. And I can't find out how to uninstall one of them, then srs audio device driver. I think that may be causing the crashing, since my comp doesn't have a compatible srs audio device.

Alright, so I was able to uninstall the srs thing, but it is still crashing. I think it may be something else...

start it up in safemode, run it for a while like that and see if you get a BSOD. if not then it's most likely a driver.

What does the BSOD say? can you post the error message?

Back
Top Bottom