Window audio device - fails to save settings

well - the holding failed- back to 2.0 speakers and 16 bit. I will check in Windows to see if somehow it turned back on the IntelR audio driver. Had another suggestion somewhere else exactly opposite = delete all Realtek and only use the ADM catalyst audio drivers. Hmmm.....

update:

OK the IntelR driver did not turn back on - still disabled. If I disable the Realtek driver- Then I loose the ability to use headphones from the PC. If I disable the AMD driver then I loose the HDMI output to the AVS receiver. Hmmmm.... I could just use headphone jack from the AVS receiver.. but then I have the cord. Not ready to give up yet.

I will have to look into the other suggestions but was hoping it would be easier than that. At least I got the sound better by disabling the Inter R driver. I wonder if it is Avast or some other program that is causing issues ( audio goes back to default) when I leave the PC to sleep or reboot. The balance issue was still present even with the Realtek driver disabled. So if a driver is causing that issue -it is the AMD driver.

EDIT: I think I figured out part of it- It seems that when I turn off the plasma TV - windows returns to default audio settings. So, it must be something like if it is not getting a connect signal from a different source - then it shuts off the settings and it reverts back to defaults. So ,even though I don't shut off the Sony AVS receiver- when I turn off the plasma TV- somehow windows returns to default audio settings. I wonder if the Sony has an "active always" HDMI input or something like that - so it wont matter if the TV /monitor is on or not. What is weird is that the HD audio signal is still active from PC to AVS out to speakers - that is how I heard the beep /tone when I shut off the TV alerting me that something just happened - so I checked and yep default 2.0 /bit bit audio settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom