Win7 no internet access

You would be better off to use your current PC as a door stop and purchasing a new one.

Though it probably could have been said a bit... less harsh.. He does have a point. This computer is insanely out of date for windows 7! Its NOT worth dumping money into. Heck, i have found computers on the side of the road that i would rather have by far.

Its just too old man, sorry! :sick:

He decided to make a big fuss about keeping XP and just using it as is, obviously the not so straight up approach doesn't work with some people.

Network card is an SiS 900. Good luck finding drivers because i could not. BTW, its not that easy to get a new pc and i believe this one is more than capable to handle Windows 7.

Network card is an SiS 900. Good luck finding drivers because i could not. BTW, its not that easy to get a new pc and i believe this one is more than capable to handle Windows 7.

Its the simple fact, the computer does not have all the drivers for windows 7 which will tell anyone who has experience in computers that it will not handle windows 7.

Its the simple fact, the computer does not have all the drivers for windows 7 which will tell anyone who has experience in computers that it will not handle windows 7.

If you're going only by that fact, then does that mean modern computers couldn't handle Windows 98 because there are no drivers for that OS? Or newer Win8 systems cannot handle Windows XP because it lacks drivers for some newer components?

;)

Lack of drivers =/= performance capability (usually)

What do you get in a machine when you buy it with Windows XP?

single core with 512MB RAM, maybe 1GB at most.
That will not run properly on Windows 7 at all.

What do you get in a machine when you buy it with Windows XP?

single core with 512MB RAM, maybe 1GB at most.
That will not run properly on Windows 7 at all.

a) I'm not talking about hardware requirements, and neither were you. You were only talking about drivers.

b) It wouldn't run fantastic, but it would still run. Add 2GB of RAM and it'd be even better.

Even a lot of used computers are dual-core nowadays, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom