Win7 no internet access

Bartek24

Baseband Member
I recently installed a new version of Windows on a new hard drive and whenever i load it i cant get any internet access. Right now im on XP through my old hard drive where the internet works perfectly fine whereas Win7 cannot even recognise any network. It says my Ethernet cable is unplugged but it is and i know it because im on this.
Please help.

Is the ethernet adapter picked up correctly in device manager
Have you installed all the windows 7 drivers from the manufacturers website
Have you thried deleting the ethernet adapter from device manager and reinstalling it

What make/model is the motherboard

I would recommend downloading the OEM driver from their website, placing the driver on a flash drive, booting windows 7, deleting the old driver, and then installing the new driver. After that, you should just have to connect to your router (or direct connect through CAT5/CAT6) and *makes register sound*.

Like Frosty said, you need to install your ethernet drivers.

What is the make/model of your computer if it's a prebuilt? If it's a custom built, what is the make/model of your motherboard?

My computer is a packard bell , the motherboard is M2NS-NVM/S. I tried looking at some drivers but im not sure if i downloaded the right ones though.

Please post the model number of your computer rather than the motherboard model, since it's a Packard Bell.

packard bell istart 1350. However im not sure i had trouble finding this out a while back.

I kind of had the same problem before too. i just got done installing win7 and everything was working right except the internet. in my case it was showing i had internet connection tho. And i tried re installing my drivers but it still wasn't working so at the end i removed the CMOS battery for about a minute and that reset all my settings. I putted three battery back in and checked my internet and it was working. I don't know if it'll work w yours but you can give it a try..

I installed new ethernet and network drivers. Still nothing. I might give that CMOS battery thing a try but for me it does not even recognise ethernet i even tried running directly off a modem and also uninstalling win 7 and installing it back.

Back
Top Bottom