Win7 32bit to 64bit

robcat93

Baseband Member
Hi

So i'm going from a Windows 7 32 bit to a 64 bit, just few questions about programs and backing up etc.

So first up, do i just copy my whole C drive onto a external hard drive, or just documents. I want to do as little reinstalling and downloading as i can(i'm not tight i will if i have to). Then plonk it on the wiped HDD? I don't want to loose anything.

With game programs Steam, Origin, i absolutely don't want to download them and with the games. Just copy BF3 etc folders? I've had this problem before (nothing to do with windows), where it would want to download all of the games, but i already have them installed etc.

Would be much appreciated if you could help :)

Thanks

I'm not sure about Origin, but Steam you can definitely just move over to a hard drive.

I think you can just move the origin folder info over. I can't remember if it just needed to like verify all the items, or if it made me completely redownload all my stuff..

For my other question, I shouldn't or I should copy the whole hard drive or just the documents? I'm guessing that if I copy the programmes over it won't like it.

Just the documents. It'll be better to have a clean installation

For the Origin part: I tried to just copy the Origin folder and my Battlefield 3 folder to a newly installed harddrive, but that didn't work for me...
Steam however can handle this just perfectly :)

Back
Top Bottom