Win 10 Icon

Slacker

Slacking Guru
I was wondering if anybody else was missing their upgrade icon?

I am running win 7 hp in a virtual machine-

I know it is up to date and it is a legit windows copy. My old laptop finally died and I installed it as VM-

I followed the many options here I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, but I don't see - Microsoft Community

no luck-

I have win 8.1 pro and win 7 pro and the icon has showed up on those devices-
but neither of those are on a VM-

Do you have the updates installed that are required for the icon to appear?

Did you run the community tool in the 2nd half of the Answer post?

I have confirmed I have all the updates-

I also tried both options listed in the forum.

I went thru all 4 options on the tool. the last one says it can take up to an hour-
I did it last night and have restarted with no icon-

I wonder if it's recognizing that it's in a VM and not allowing you to upgrade?

Is the license for Win7 OEM or Retail?

it is a retail from an old laptop-

other copies win 8 pro and win 7 pro are license

I was wondering the same thing-

but it is a legit copy so what does it matter? I entered the key from my laptop and it is genuine....

My laptop doesn't have it either, wasn't overly concerned but may look into this in the next few days before its out, desktop is ready for it though.

BTW Slacker... you may not want to upgrade the VM, unless you're planningon keeping that VM Win10 and not wanting to transfer that Win10 license to another system:
[H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Upgrading multiple Window 7 keys to Windows 10

The poster says he has retail keys and they were locked out...but we'll see. That's the biggest reason I'm waiting to upgrade to Win10 - to see how the free upgrade works with retail copies and wanting to move to another system.

So BIG NEWS! I got the icon today!!!!!

bad news- when I click on get win 10 I get the message my pc can not run win 10
Win 10 can not be installed on you pc b/c Virtual Video Graphics Adapter. It goes on to state mnfg has not made my display compatible with win 10-

Back
Top Bottom