why do google and adobe want to run outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
why do google and adobe want to open in unprotected mode in internet explorer.I have allowed them,should i be worried about it.It just started today when i reinstalled google toolbar.
thank you in advance

Maybe you just shouldn't use internet explorer.

I promise you google and adobe aren't collecting information on you.

ok thank you ,i just got another recent one IE7 crash detector wanting to run outside protected mode.Funny how all this has happened after installing google toolbar 6. So you guys dont think this will cause any problems for me?.

Well the Google Toolbar is known to be troublesome for many people. Maybe you should not use it?

i will take your advice mate and uninstall it.Doing a system restore would that take back the settings i allowed for adobe and google to run outside protected mode or not.If not is there a way i can reverse the settings,or is there nothing to worry about.My IE7 has crashed 3 times since installing google toolbar.

How about you uninstall the Toolbar first then see if it stabilizes. If not then try a restore point.

Plus honestly, why do you use Protected mode all the time? You do realize that even in protected mode you still transmit sensitive data about yourself and your IP right?

no i didn't mate i knew my ip was still available but didn't know about the sensitive data bit mate.

Well considering your logged into this site to post, it still does transmit data. If you do any type of online transactions, it still has to transmit that data. Protected Mode is no good if you are surfing the web normally. Even Microsoft's description of Protected Mode says that it stops downloads, prevents changes to system files and helps block hackers.

You know what, that can all be achieved without using Protected Mode. Get IE7Pro. There same thing.

Use Firefox with NoScript, FlashBlock and AdBlock. Even Better.
Opera with certain User.JS files. Same as above.

There are more ways to protect yourself than using IE in Protected Mode. Cause all that is doing, is hurting you.

I just don't understand why anyone still wants to use IE.. Firefox is just so much better. It's not like it's going to be extremely confusing; it's still basically the same UI, just a lot more stuff jammed under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom