what is setup,installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky

Beta member
Hi, I'm a new member of the forum.
What is the nature or the content of an .exe files?(some .exe files do not need setup or installation,and some .exe files require the setup or installation. why?)
So what is the setup or installation theoritically?(myself being a student of computer Engineering). Does both the terms mean the same? So please anybody should help me.

An .exe file is one that can be run. It is a computer program. .exe stands for executable. .exe files can only be run from MS Windows and MS-DOS computers.

exe files that are installed, get installed from an installer package. This installer unpackages its contents and puts files together in a way that they can use each other when the installed program is run.

By the way, welcome to Tech-Forums :D

Yes welcome to TF.

I'd like to add something, a setup.exe basicly puts the files in your computer and in legible form for the computer to use.

An expample of this is a cd game. Some once installed on your computer still need a disk to be played, why? (this is what our computer teacher has told us) It is because your computer needs to know how to use the program, thus the setup .exe helps with this process.

She was kinda stupid so i'm not sure this is perfectly true :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom