What Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a second hard drive, but I think I might buy one next month.

I just noticed that when I boot up my computer, it doesn't give an option to do a system restore anymore. Instead, it was replaced with the dual boot menu. Hopefully if I ever need to do a full system restore, my AlienRespawn CD will work.

Woops, got the "BootMGR" missing error. Fixed it...

Alright plain and simple.

Win7 is a BETA. which means that at any time something could go wrong. At any point something will go wrong.

If you are not familiar with the Beta process and how Betas work, DO NOT use Win7. yeah it is all nice and shiny, but to show you that even the best laid plains can go wrong, Microsoft only want 1 RC Build. Guess what, there is going to be another RC Build cause even this RC they released is still that buggy.

So i am dead serious, if you dont know about using a Beta OS and the pains that it can cause, do not use it. It will not behave like Vista, some software wont work and so on. So yeah while you may gain a few FPS, that doesnt mean that even with the best of conditions that things will still work perfectly.

Dont get me wrong, i love Win7. I use Win7. But i am a Beta Tester and have been doing Beta testing for many years now for Microsoft so i understand that things can and will go wrong.

Some people can use Win7 and not have a issue. Others can have issues with the simpliest of tasks. So you might not run into any problems running it at all and you could be very happy with your experience and want to stay with Win7 the whole time.

I just say that cause it is a Beta and as such things can go wrong. Some people forget that it is a Beta and think that it will work perfectly and work like XP or Vista and not run into issues. Which is not the case. I have a ongoing issue with WMP12 and my music library.

You can do what you want with it. I just want you to know that there maybe problems. I know that many people, myself included, have recommended Win7 to users without a 2nd thought. but now that i have heard of the RC2 build coming soon it just shows that even Build 7100 still has issues which is taking another build to resolve.

Just want to keep people informed.

How about using a virtual PC? What's the difference, if there is any?

Okay, now I have a new problem. When I try to make a partition (shrink volume), it only lets me do 7GB when there is 428GB free.

There is Paragon Disk Manager and Acronis Disk Director. Both of which cost money. GParted is your best free option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom