Weird Sound Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick.Kershner

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I am having a problem with Windows 7 and IE8. When I go to a website that I know will play sound it will not play any sound Like yahoo music section. I have updated my sound card drivers, I have installed and uninstalled and then reinstalled all media applications(adobe flash, java) and still no avail. I have even tried to do the file checking system on win 7 under the cmd prompt SFC /Scannow and there were no errors. I have tried to reset all internet options back to default and then restart the internet explorer and still nothing. What I do notice is that under my mixer when I try and run sound or even pull up the web it doesnt get listed in the mixer for having sound Weird Yes! lol. I have even tried to use Mozilla Firefox and still no sound.

My system is a Foxconn MB A7DA-S running an AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 8.00 GB of ram, ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics, Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet, and Realtek High Definition Audio (current version is 6.0.1.5672) which I downloaded from foxconn directly. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition.

Oh but when I am on World of Warcraft, Windows Media Player, or ITunes...I do have sound.

If you have any ideas as to what is the problem please let me know!

Thanks

Do you have a codec pack installed? They might be in a format that doesnt play by default so you need the codec pack to play them. Try installing KLite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom