Vista registry problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fables

Beta member
In the last two months my PC has had this problem three times. The first time I reformatted, starting fresh is rather annoying. The second time I restarted over a dozen times trying to read some info on the screen and then it started working again as if the problem hadn't existed. Now it has happened again, and I would like to find out how I can prevent this problem.

St31000528as 1tb
d4999t
Intel (r) Core 2 Quad CPU
Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
Vista 64bit

I don't really know what info is needed...

When I run windows repair it says registry is corrupt and it failed to fix it. And the diagnostic tells me the hard drive has a BIOHD-8 error (if I recall correctly).

Most of my media is backed up, and I can remove the hard drive and place it into another PC to try and grab anything else worth saving. I would prefer to avoid another reformat but will do it if needed.

Sorry to hear about this, but I have Vista too and I've been meaning to just get rid of it for a while. Haven't gotten around to it yet though. I think the best thing for me and maybe you is to just downgrade to XP. I don't think it will cost much and it should be much faster and stable. Anyone else ever downgraded from Vista?

I got that page on my previous two encounters with pc problems, but this time it is not showing up.

When pc starts I get HP screen with f8, f10 etc options, then a page showing harddrive info, a black page with a blinking underscore in the upper left, a normal windows loading bar, then a black page that says "Windows is loading files...", and I end on a light blue page with a mouse cursor.

Apparently after waiting long enough the recovery manager popped up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom