Vista boot probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
Hi good one for you guys here i have installed vista 64 bit onto a seprate drive to xp when the install was finished i obviously took the cd out and when i try to set boot priority to the drive that vista is installed to i get "boot failure insert system disk and press enter" but when i insert the dvd and set priority to that and when i dont press a key when i am prompted da daaaa it boots from my hard drive but take dvd out disk boot failure hmmmmmmmmmmm

Insert the Vista DVD and repair the bootloader.

Hello,

Have you tried setting boot priority to the Windows XP hard drive and booting from that drive? Try it without the disc in the CD drive. Perhaps the new MBR is written on the first drive.

Alvin only issue with that is that Vista does not use the boot.ini, NTLDR or the NTDETECT files to boot with. So by doing this he would in essance eliminate his Vista boot. ;)

SATA or PATA drives?

I am sorry what? The drives being used should not matter. The only thing i can say is that i do know that using PATA for one and SATA for the other always seems to make a mess of things.;)

Well if he somehow has a drive on a PATA cable that is a slave, its not going to let him boot to it :p

It6 should let him still boot if it is a slave drive. If it is the active system drive or not is the main concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom