VISTA 32 BIT WINDOWS UPDATE WILL NOT WORK

btpoole

Beta member
Just recently got computer with Vista Business 32 bit setup. Problem is I can't run windows update or install Skype. Have tried numerous things discussed on microsoft and other forums with no success. I try to run updates and get error 804022c. I have tried the microsoft fix it, doesnt work. I tried to use another microsoft fix it but it gives me a different error code and says it can't connect to server. I have checked the registry based on things I have seen on this forum and others, in some cased registry items dont exist, if they do I follow the intructions and delete. Have tried to reset caroot directory contents, no good. Have run checksur, no luck. Really at wits end. Have shut down virus detection and firewalls. I have the same problem with skype installation. Says it has trouble connecting to server to download. Have tried several alternate downloads with same results, when it gets to point where it needs to contact the server it gives the error message. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

1. Check your proxy settings. Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings > at the bottom, make sure "Use a proxy" is unchecked.

2. Try switching to manual update mode (in Windows Update settings) and then toggle back to w/e setting you had it before (most likely automatic updating I'm assuming).

3. Check the date / time on your computer - can sometimes get messed up for some reason, and WUp won't work right (or a lot of other programs).

Back
Top Bottom