Using lightscribe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
my laptop has lightscribe technology. Meaning the only thing i probably have to do is get a lightscribe disc. What software can u use to burn lightscribe labels? Does the CS3 suite like indesign work with lighscribe?

Is lightscribe infinite? meaning can u burn as much as you can?

Lightscribe is jsut used to etch a image onto the disc. It doesnt do colours it doesnt do anything like that. IT basically just burns a image onto the other side of the disc. This image will be the same color os the DVD cause you cant do colour with lasers.

Lightscribe has their own utilties to do this. You should have them on your PC already.

LightScribe software should have come on your PC. Look in the start menu for something about lightscribe.

Yes, all you need are lightscribe discs. Haven't used it myself, but all you have to do I believe is import an image into the lightscribe program, and let it do its thing.

And what do you mean by infinite? If you mean 'are you limited to a certain number of burns' no, you shouldn't be unless for some reason you have trial version of some kind of lightscribe software that does that, for some odd reason.

I use Roxio label maker for my lightscribe discs, I haven't tried burning three times, but I do do it twice to make the contrast better. Remember, your basically burning a grayscale image to the reverse side of the disc that the data is on. And no there are no limits to how many times you can burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom