Are they going to leave Vista like it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
I've had my gaming laptop for 2 months now, the only time Vista has updated was when I first got it. This thing repeatedly locks up, freezes, or shoots out a general errors and is as incompatible as a MAC. Not to mention the permissions issues. This is driving me nuts, I would have converted back to XP if they offered the drivers for this laptop, but they don't. So 2 months and nothing, anyone know if they are even working on it, or do they just not care?

SP2 is currently in Beta; not sure on the final release date.

And yes, make sure you have SP1. My copy of Vista Home Prem. on my laptop runs fine for me...I don't have problems with it.

I manually update my OS's. Always have, always will. I just prefer to be in control of it, and I always check the optional updates that MS doesn't include in the automatic updates. There have been updates for Vista every Patch Tuesday ever since I moved to it.

Service Packs are usually just a collaboration of all the hotfixes they have previously released.

Google SP2, I found it.. If you have a fast connection they have an ISO image file with SP2 for both x86 and x64 which works well for me since I use both. and SP2 installed great.. no problems what so ever.. so the Beta is working fine.. at least for my machines..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom