Themeing windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I am trying to give my XP a unique look and I have been looking into a lot of XP skins.
I stumbled across windowsblind and SkinStudio ( i think they are the same thing). But, I was wondering if anyone has ever used them and if so how user friendly are they? Also what were your results?

I used WindowBlinds for years. Awesome skinning program, great results. Uses almost no resources especially in light of what it does.

SkinStudio is what you use to make your own WindowBlinds.

Trotter, I have a couple of questions.
1. Do you just DL and install the WindowBlinds themes or do you have to install WindowBlinds and then make them your self?
2. Does Windowsblinds cost?
3. Do i need WindowBlinds to run a WindowBlinds theme?

Apok,

Your theme looks sweet, but that sounds really complicated.
Is it pretty easy to do?

Thanks Apok. I've never heard of that technique. I've always used Windows Blinds and I didn't really like it that much.

+rep!

By using XP's skinning engine, it doesn't use extra resources. And it simplifies things.

It's then just a matter of finding .msstyles themes you like, and putting them in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\

I've made another .rar file with extra stuff, including icons, sounds, the wallpaper:
http://apokalipse.googlepages.com/Themes.rar (3.85MB)
If you open the Zune + icons.theme, it'll automatically use the sounds and icons which I'm using.
Thanks! Looks great.
Blazing fast d/load from your site :p
well, it's on Google's servers.

Trotter, I have a couple of questions.
1. Do you just DL and install the WindowBlinds themes or do you have to install WindowBlinds and then make them your self?
2. Does Windowsblinds cost?
3. Do i need WindowBlinds to run a WindowBlinds theme?

Apok,

Your theme looks sweet, but that sounds really complicated.
Is it pretty easy to do?

1. You install WindowsBlinds, and you can eithermake your own themes or download them online (like Deviantart)
2. Yep, its $20
3. Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom