SYSprep - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2004, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default SYSprep

Just a few quick questions...

Do any of you on the forum here know anything about SYSPREP.
I'm trying to get our comany image configured using it and am having a heck of a time.
We are using Windows XP pro volume and I have been able to get the base install to work, but our build is not in it's 5 revision, and going back to the begining to start fresh is not an option.

The problem that I am currently having is related to the post configuration. I can create the boot environment and get up to the start point, but am getting an error when the utility is trying to edit the registry...

Any ideas???

Old 05-15-2004, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

We use sysprep on our images to avoid having duplicate SID's running around. Unfortunately I did not set up sysprep, but I know we used minisetup.

Your clues just make me think of permissions. The user which is running the editing task, is it an admin?

Old 05-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Yup. ME. I'm the admin for this. Also, this is post config which would lead me to the local account. I actually had a thought about this, and I think that it is related to us changing the Administrator account to anouther name. I have changed it back to Administrtor, but am still getting the same error.
If any one has any ideas please let me know.

Closed Thread