Sys tray settings not being saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggyskunk

Beta member
I have gone in to customize my sys tray a few times and have tried to "always hide" some of the icons....they keep coming back?

Any ideas?

by the way, it's xp pro serv pack 3

Not all items hide all the time. They still will pop up when a new email comes in for instance. If the settings still say that they are set to auto hide, then there is an option within the program to stop it from being hidden by XP. If that option is not being saved, then you have a more serious problem.

Not all items hide all the time. They still will pop up when a new email comes in for instance. If the settings still say that they are set to auto hide, then there is an option within the program to stop it from being hidden by XP. If that option is not being saved, then you have a more serious problem.

Two items seem to continue to show intermittently , LAN & Wireless Icons and one that I want to display is the AC Icon which does not display when plugged in, however the battery Icon does appear when unplugged?

Yes the battery icon will always appear. It is a feature that is setup so that people see the icon and know how much battery power is left. It is setup that way so people dont forget to check it and end up running out of battery power before they save their work and lose everything they were doing. You cant change that setting no matter what.

Yes the battery icon will always appear. It is a feature that is setup so that people see the icon and know how much battery power is left. It is setup that way so people dont forget to check it and end up running out of battery power before they save their work and lose everything they were doing. You cant change that setting no matter what.

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear? I DO want the battery icon to appear, but when I select the "plugged in" icon to "always show" it does not.

I also selcted the LAN & Wifi to "always hide", but the still show up from time to time. I am pretty sure that it is not a sys issue as this is a fresh install on a new lap top.

Hey, is it sunny and warm in /system 32? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom