sound issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default sound issue

Good evening everyone--I am new to this site http://www.techist.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile

I just purchased some language software to improve my Spanish. It has films of people speaking to help you out. The first cd worked out fine, and you could hear the people speaking. However, for the second cd, you can see the people speaking, but can't hear them. My sound is working fine, and I went into my sound properties and all the different options, media, etc have volumes turned up, and none are muted. Weird???!!!

Anyone have any suggestions on this one? Thanks a lot!

Ryan

Old 09-16-2005, 05:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Have you tried other CDS after you tried the one that didnt work besides the other spanish cd? Did you try copying it to the HDD and listen to it from there?

Old 09-16-2005, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Hey, Thanks for the tip

Thanks for the the help on this. It's funny because the sound actually works fine, it's just that when you load the cd, a smaller video screen appears with the people speaking; however, all that is is the index with an example of the film. When I click "play," ( duh!!, my bad), it goes to full-screen and I can hear them fine.
But you definitely helped me as I had given up on going into the program, so....thank you!!! javascript:smilie('')
smilehttp://www.techist.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Thumbs up
Old 09-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Talking

Um, welcome