sound card issue HELP!!!! SMART PPL!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2004, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to eczemaaaaaa
Talking sound card issue HELP!!!! SMART PPL!!!

okay, this is stupid:

aight what happened was back in october 2003 i got my fujitsu nseries lifebook. everything was going great until about two weeks ago. it had a seizure and just compltely shut off. im like ok so i turn it back on.

it showed the whole fujitsu thing and then to the part where its all windows xp loading. then it goes all the way back to saying fujitsu and then windows loading again and again. it was really gay so i did this:

before my laptop, i had a dell desktop comp that had windows xp. it came with this restart disc thing or whatever so i guess if the comp freaked out, you could put in the disk and it would completely re install windows. i used this disc on my fujitsu by turning it on, inserting it, pressing boot menu (f12) and telling it to load from the cd. so it completely reinstalls windows and im like ok finally its working...

now, after my stepdad has fixed the internet and stuff, i discover that my sound isnt working. i get really mad, and try to test the speakers. this stupid computer is telling me i dont have a sound card.

well of COURSE i have a sound card u idiot computer! because i mean, before my computer had a stroke and i had to reset it, the speakers worked just fine.

sorry about the long message, but i need help. i obviously HAVE a sound card, yet my computer is oblivious and insolent to it.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

If you just got threw reinstalling windows chances are you need to install the sound card drivers.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Do you have a n3010 or n5010? you can go here to download the drivers
Old 06-02-2004, 06:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

what happened to plug and play, it should have at least detected it and possibly installed a generic driver for it. u didnt mess with the bios did u? and possibly shut plug and play or shut the onboard sound off? something to that effect
Fear is nothing but the anticipation of pain, be it physical, mental, spiritual or emotional.
Athlon XP 2200+ oc\'ed @ 1.93ghz
MSI ms-6738
768mb ddr2100
Nvidia mx420 :(
60gig maxtor 7200rpm
Dual boot with Mandrake 10.0 and Win XP Pro sp2
Old 06-02-2004, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

nope, alot of devices dont have native drivers to windows. I would bet that it shows up in device manager with a bang.
Closed Thread