Software to fix problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

In Runtime
Im looking for a good software that fix problems with the pc...anyone have any suggestions? I have some programs on laptop that will crash when i start them up

Alright we seriously can't help you. What is the problem? What kind of crash? How can you use the software if the system crashes when you start it up and you cant get into Windows to run the software?

Maybe if you gave a bit more information we could help. Like what the issue is and what the crash is. Until then all we can say is nothing is out there to help fix a problem when we dont know what the problem is.

sorry about that i was in a rush, but anyway for example i have a couple of photo editors installed and when i start them the entire screen turns white and a popup comes saying that the programs has stop working.

What photo editor? latest patches?
what OS? Fully updated?
Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the photo program?
Have you looked in event viewer for error messages?

i have acdsee pro and ulead photo impact. They was working fine until yesterday. Im running W7 fully updated and i uninstalled and installed

heres the text from the event viewer...

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2/9/2010 7:05:07 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Bo-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: ACDSeePro3.exe, version: 3.0.386.0, time stamp: 0x4b0f2c14
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbdf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002f2ea
Faulting process id: 0xfe8
Faulting application start time: 0x01caa9ecf56cbb55
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\3.0\ACDSeePro3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 53d94c81-15e0-11df-8788-001e33da9a20
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-02-10T01:05:07.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>22930</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Bo-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>ACDSeePro3.exe</Data>
<Data>3.0.386.0</Data>
<Data>4b0f2c14</Data>
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>
<Data>4a5bdbdf</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0002f2ea</Data>
<Data>fe8</Data>
<Data>01caa9ecf56cbb55</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\3.0\ACDSeePro3.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>53d94c81-15e0-11df-8788-001e33da9a20</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Still learning at the moment, so I'm not exactly sure how to troubleshoot the log. I would like to know though, why would you need that program on startup anyways? If you don't need it or it's unnecessary, you can simply remove it and see if your system starts ok without a crash.

Would advise you to wait until other people input their suggestion on the topic, if all fails then disable it.

Edit: Now found this website, may be it would be of help http://community.acdsee.com/forums/topic/pro2-crashes-upon-startup.

Marc Sabatella said:
I'd start by figuring out if it is a problem with the database or not. You'll need to figure out where your database lives, then rename the folder. On my vista system, it's users\marc\appdata\local\acd systems\catalogs\pro2\default, or something like that. If ACDSee can start up after renaming the default folder to something else, then the problem is in the db, and the next step would be try restoring from backup or deleting the thumbs files or maybe the cdx files (not sure). If it still doesn't start, though, I'd try reinstalling. And if that doesn't help, looking for recently-installed application that might be causing conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom