slow wifi speeds on on desktop but not on cellphone

That intel card is just a mPCIe card on an adapter... Like I said, Intel doesn't really make a "real" PCIe wireless card. They just shove their mini cards on an adapter, and off they go.

IMO, $50 and less is cheap for a wireless card.

Ha! I didn't even notice that. I didn't really look at the pics - just kinda skimmed the title and looked at the price.

Because the one's on ebay are typically knock offs... There are a LOT of Intel Quad Gbit NICs floating around ebay that sell like mad, and most are knock off units.

ok heres some test results

cable to laptop 85mbps
wifi next to router 35mbps
wifi upstairs next to desktop 33mbps

wifi on desktop 2.4g 5mbps lol
wifi on desktop 5g 33mbps

Check the Netgear forum for your router to see if there are complaints about low wifi speeds for your particular unit, or if there are any potential compatibility issues?

That aside, researching your wifi adapter, I have found that it's complete junk, and there are MANY complaints about it being horribly slow, and just has bad reviews all around, on Amazon and Newegg both.

Quote from TomsHardware: Asus PCE N53 working slowly [Solved] - Asus - Components

tried this but everything seems to be correct there in settings. I'm assuming assus fixed these settings already

Back
Top Bottom