Slow computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hard drive is new, about 6 months old as is the RAM, mo. bo., cpu, fans, case, PS. I builded last Sept. all parts from New Egg.

I only had my 8500gt for one year and then it just died, but as I said it was lagging prior to failure.

Too bad, and these cards are expensive. I want to think that this is just a virus or a program that doesn't get along with the others.

Yep it's sad, thats why when I bought my 9800gt I made sure to get the lifetime warrentie and did all my registering to make sure it would be honored when needed.

Also had my share of mushkin memory issues, one time I spent hours on the phone with a tech from MS trying to figure out what type of Virus was causing my PC the problems I was having even after a fresh OS install and what turned out to be the problem was not a virus but a bad stick of ram.

Yep it's sad, thats why when I bought my 9800gt I made sure to get the lifetime warrentie and did all my registering to make sure it would be honored when needed.

Also had my share of mushkin memory issues, one time I spent hours on the phone with a tech from MS trying to figure out what type of Virus was causing my PC the problems I was having even after a fresh OS install and what turned out to be the problem was not a virus but a bad stick of ram.

Yea, that ussualy happens, if i can't find enything wrong with adware/virus then i'll check my RAM.

long shot here, but have you tried defragging your hdd lately? I seriously doubt it's causing the massive slowness you've described tho. I'm starting to think it might be a combination of things though, so every little bit helps. :)
edit: just checked your first post again, now I VERY seriously doubt that'll help.

Clarify something for me, I was under the impression your whole computer is slow, e.g loading any program, general browsing through windows (NOT the internet), browsing the internet, EVERYTHING. Is that the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom