P4 2.4ghz
MSI 645eMAX Mobo
3x 256mb DDR 2700 Mushkin
200Gig WD 7200rpm
200Gig WD 7200rpm
200Gig Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
120Gig WD 7200rpm
-lots of fans for cooling-

So for some reason, about a week ago for no reason what so ever, my computer just started to randomly lock up? Its not a hard lock up, but about every 10 minutes (give or take) the computer "hangs" like its trying to read the HD's but cant, the mouse still moves but the windows dont, then after about 10 to 15 seconds everything goes back to normal.

I cant make it happen, I've tried to read and un-rar off all drives at the same time, and nothing happend. And I've tried streaming a video from every single drive off of my machine to another computer in the network, and the same thing happens... Like the harddrive is dirty and it skips almost... But when I streamed it was about 5 or 6 times during a 2 hour movie.

I wouldnt think all four of my hard drives would be dying at the same time, so I dont know what else it could be?

My CPU runs between 50 to 60 degrees (celius) all the time, but it always has.... So I dont think its an over heating issue...

I have also looked in my task manager for any unwanted applications running in the background, but I didnt see anything unusual?

So, I'm at a loss... If anyone can give me some advice and help me figure out why this is happening all of a sudden, I would greatly apreciate it. Many thanks in advance! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom