RAID 0 SSD filling up to fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never use those "registry fixers" they are useless, a registry is only a few KB, and is nothing more than a bunch of text files in the end.

IMO, attempt a fresh install, and forget doing RAID 0 with your SSD's it is possibly why you are having issues, at least, wait till a proper controller and drivers come out that support most SSD functions while under RAID arrays.

Run Memtest and Prime95, stress the system, check your voltages and temps of EVERYTHING, something is causing your PC to stutter. Also stress test your GPU.

Yea, they will be fine, while running it, use HWMonitor and keep an eye on your temps, after a few hours take a screen shot and post the information that HWMonitor shows, and tell us if Prime fails. Don't forget to do memtest.

stuttering... have you upgraded your flash drive firmware to the latest version?
sandforce just release 'em like 2-3 weeks ago, which supposedly fixed some issues for your chipset.

so memtest and prime95 while monitoring them with HWMonitor correct? got it.

No I have not updated or installed anything for my ssds, I didnt think I had to, I just plugged them in and went lol! I am pretty sure my corsair force gts use a sand force controller, do I just go to the sandfprce website and download the latest firmware version? Wow that could be my problem.

Also, someone on another forum said I might not have partitioned my boot drive, C, correctly. It curently has no system reserved partition, typically 100-200mb big and used for cache, or so I understand.

I was also informed that maybe my power plan is putting my hd to sleep, which it is after 20 mins but even changing that to "never sleep" helped, although I havent not experimented with it much, it would make sense that if I am only using whats already on the ram that my hd would sleep if its not being used, which could explain it but then again I am using an ssd which doesnt spin up?

Or I could flat out have a bad gpu, I did borrow the old thing from a friend after all to tide me over till the 7970 hits the market, which it is next month! 8)

Any advice? Right now I am exploring every possible fix or solution so please be patient with me :/

thanks!

Welp, I didnt download memtest, prime 95, hwmonitor, as ssd benchmark or the latest firmware for my ssd. What I did do was reinstall windows again, for the fourth time. :/ but only this time I am leaving windows alone, no drivers no updates no nothing, JUST windows by itself haha I am not even connected to the internet, using my laptop incase your wondering. And I have been playing with the system for a day now and there has been no sign of the stutter, yay! I have been moving my mouse around my screen for an hour now waiting for it to stutter lol! it hasnt but now I am getting a headache :)

I think that rules out any hardware defect, which is good. I would hate to have to start RMA's on all these parts. Only other thing I can think of that could be causing it is a driver conflict, one of the discs that came with the various parts I bought has to be messing me up.

I have one for my mobo, blue ray burner, wireless card, graphics card, headset, keyboard, mouse, and then one for my antivirus called kasperkies. All which I have been installing soon as I booted into windows the previous four times I installed windows, but not this time.

So since I am running smoothly now, I figure Ill take up a systematic approach to this thing and install one driver at a time. Then play with it for awhile and check for the stutter to see if I can find the rouge driver, then check for an updated version of that driver.

Then I figure if my whole plan gets shot full of holes again Ill try the flashing, and the benchmarking yall gave me. Sorry I just dont feel as comfortable doing that kinda stuff as I do reinstalling windows, plus im not oober computer savy quite yet so yeaaahhh.... :/

I guess we will see, right now I am running windows perfectly AND on raid0 like the first install, which went perfectly untill I installed ntune. but this time I am going to take it slow

UPDATE!

Found out what it was, i got the sucker! Turns out its one of windows updates. So the whole first half of today I have been running windows by itself with nothing on it, not even connected to the internet. The second half of today I installed kasmerkies anti-virus, everything cake. I have been running the system smoothly playing audio all great, just now I connected to the internet, played around a bit and then decided to go ahead and install the nearly 100 IMPORTANT updates windows was recommending, close to a gig. As soon as I restarted the computer the stutter came with a vengence, wow!

So now I guess its up to me to uninstall EVERY update, and install one at a time to weed out the bad guy. Never had this happen on my laptops, all I can say is wow. Could one of the updates be fighting with something on my mothebroard like the bios of the bus chips or something? I think I am going to install SP1, play for a littl bit, then try a motherboard update from the asus website.

@ gordonie, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

My fault slaymate.

I read the topic and yeah I can definately confirm what saxon was saying lol however I dont think the issue is related to raid 0. I have been running 2x120g corsair force gts together in raid0 for a day now with no glithces, and I have been slowly installing one update at a time lol! I am through the security updates though so thats good. I am pretty sure its one of the x64 updates, non-security ones.

Any advice on how to go about updating my system? one at a time till I find the bad one like I have been doing? And what about sp1, I hear its a combination of previous updates, why doesn't it appear till I do a few updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom