Question about networking with AOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinTexas

Solid State Member
I know that absolutely no one in this room uses AOL so there's probably no reason to post this question, but my girlfriend's family does use it so I'm compelled to ask. So for you AOL users lurking in the shadows, come clean and fess up. Her family has 8.0 for Broadband running on one computer, and they would like to network the two computers to share the internet connection. Both are running WinMe. I have properly networked the two computers and I'm able to ping the other computer. I cannot for the life of me get the computers to share the connection, and I'm thinking that its because of the damned AOL. Does anyone have any idea of how to overcome AOL's "premier" programming and force the computers to share?

You need to contact AOL and upgrade your package to the AOL broadband WITH unlimited dial up in order to have both computers simultaneusly connected.

Also, you router must be AOL approved, which is another thing you will want to ask them.

(BTW, I would never use AOL, but I work for an ISP that provides cable modems for AOL broadband subscribers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom