ps2 controller, usb adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
i just got a usb adapter to use my ps2 controller on my pc. i plug it up and it comes up as 16 button controller....but there isnt 16 buttons. im trying to get it to act like a logitech dual action, same button layout and everything, problem is, is that the buttons are numbered different than the dual action. in my games i have to fully reconfigure my button actions, some show the change but in the actual game, some dont change. anyone know how i can get it to show up just like a dual action?

p.s........the adapter package says ps to usb adapter, but not ps2. is there a difference between the two? does a ps controller also have those analog sticks like the ps2 controller?

Not sure how you would set it up like a dual action since those are configured via the logitech gaming software, but it should not make a difference anyway because all your games will let you configure the buttons internally. (I dont understand what difference it makes how the buttons are numbered as long as you can set them up the way you want) Also, the PS2 controller DOES have 16 buttons. There are the 4 main buttons then 4 triggers at the top. The D-Pad is also considered to be 4 buttons, one for each direction. And of course there are the two start and select buttons. The last two buttons would be in the two joysticks, when you press the stick straight down they act as a button (these buttons are considered the L3 and R3 buttons on the PS2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom