please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its better to do a Full format vs a quick format, Hampton. Quick formats can sometimes leave problems on the new install (has happened to me on several occasions before).

Well the thing is i dont have the xp cd, this comp did not come with one when i bought it... a dell thing?? thats why i was just going to upgrade to vista. will another cd registerd to another comp work on mine? my parents have an emachine and may have the disc, can i use it on my comp?

Its better to do a Full format vs a quick format, Hampton. Quick formats can sometimes leave problems on the new install (has happened to me on several occasions before).

unless you turn a disk "RAW" once it's in raw then quick format will not corrupt your new install.. (just a little trick I picked up to speed installs)

Well when you make it RAW you've pretty much already just deleted your files anyway lol. Just deleting the partition just deletes your partition tables I believe, hence why it does it so fast.

Well when you make it RAW you've pretty much already just deleted your files anyway lol. Just deleting the partition just deletes your partition tables I believe, hence why it does it so fast.

As I said it speeds up the install rather than waiting for the long format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom