PC experiencing extreme slowdown on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygraed

Baseband Member
This morning, I decided to install iTunes 7 to see if it worked any better as a music library organizer. I decided that I still didn't like it, so I decided to uninstall it.

While I was in the Add/Remove Programs window I decided to get rid of a couple of other apps that I hadn't used in a while. For this reason, I told the iTunes uninstaller that I would manually restart my PC later.

The problem is, I forgot to restart the computer before firing up TrackMania. I noticed that TM was taking an ridiculously long time to load a track, and neither Ctrl+Alt+Del nor Alt+F4 did anything. I didn't want to wait five minutes to regain control of the machine, so I held down the power button until the PC turned off.

I believe the hard power-off was where I went wrong. I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I think that not going through the proper restart sequence meant that iTunes did not get cleanly removed.

Upon turning the PC back on after the hard power-off, it sat at the XP-logo-with-little-blue-boxes screen for a good 5-6 minutes before going to the login screen. I logged in, and the startup sound was glitchy and stuttering. I decided to try reinstalling iTunes and then uninstalling it cleanly. However, the PC is still showing extreme slowdown. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Go to program files and remove all remains of i tunes ??
What other apps did you remove , maby they caused the crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom