Partition Magic Messed Up Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardeez1

Baseband Member
Alright I just got Partition Magic 8 and was using it on my desktop computer (Dell Dimension 4700), and I made a separate "Backup" drive but then noticed it wasn't big enough to fit all my stuff on because it was only 46 gigs & I have like 47.. so I was merging that backup partition back together with my main partition (C) and there was an error .. then it started trying to boo Windows but then instantly came up with this blue screen saying "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer" and a bunch of other stuff. I just wanted to know if all the stuff on my hard drive is gone forever or if there's an easy way I can fix this? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

you should have just resized your c:\ drive smaller and then resized your back up drive bigger with the free space instead of merging.

try and run a windows repair to fix the bsod and pray lol.

k nevermind i got it. i did went into the windows recovery & did that chkdsk thing then restarted it & it worked.

Haha, consider yourself lucky. Last time I used Partition magic, it rendered all my partitions unusable, and I couldn't even reformat normally. I ended up leaving my computer on for two days just to zero out the hard drive...

Partition Magic is a great utility you just have to know what you're doing when using it. It's no fun playing around with partitions when there's such a potential for loss. THe first time I crated a dual-boot partition with it was nerve wracking lol

lol yea i found that out. i have a question.. why can't i make a separate partition on my laptop? it won't let me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom