Outlook help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Office? Have you updated to the latest SP for Office 2003?

Cheers,
Mak

updated to the latest SP for Office 2003? Maybe that may fix it. I have my computor set for auto updates, should that have given me SP 2003?

I had office 2007 in my computor and downgraded to 2003, someone told me that was the problem that caused all this. Not sure how to pin point the problem, I lot of testing is what
Im doing now.

Here is the resolution, but it does not work because the corrupt file comes right back once I start outlook. The file dam file is delete proof...................I would like to try your file but the link you sent me is a web site, I could not locate the file

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Start Windows Explorer.
2. Locate and then open the following folder on your computer:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Msmapi\1033
3. Right-click the MSMapi32.dll file, and then click Rename.

Note The file (Msmapi32.dll) that you are renaming differs from the file (Mapi32.dll) that is mentioned in the error message.
4. Type Msmapi32.old, and then press ENTER to rename the file.
5. Start Outlook 2003.

click the link, then on the top right hand side there is a captcha with 3 letters. Type the letters in and then the download will start in 45 seconds
Once downloaded and extracted place it on c:\ and boot into safemode. Then delete the file and replace with the one you downloaded, then reboot in normal mode and see if that fixes the issue

OK I took the file and it did not work. then I took your file and renamed it Msmapi32.old

Outlook started and also made the file MSMAPI32 reappear. Not sure how, but it seems this is the solution. I hope the rest of the world reads this because this was tough to solve.
Thanks for the file............

OK I took the file and it did not work. then I took your file and renamed it Msmapi32.old

Outlook started and also made the file MSMAPI32 reappear. Not sure how, but it seems this is the solution. I hope the rest of the world reads this because this was tough to solve.
Thanks for the file............

ok I Took The File And It Did Not Work. Then I Took Your File And Renamed It Msmapi32.old

Outlook Started And Also Made The File Msmapi32 Reappear. Not Sure How, But It Seems This Is The Solution. I Hope The Rest Of The World Reads This Because This Was Tough To Solve.
Thanks For The File............

Np ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom