outlook express - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default outlook express

I am about ready to throw my computer out the window. I am having major problems with my outlook express. I am getting an error message when I send emails. I can recieve emails just fine, but sending them isn't working. To top things off,all my adress folders have DISAPPEARED. This happened to me about a month ago(the inability to send emails) and it magically fixed itself. The problem showed up again today. I downloaded thundebird to see if that one would work and it just results in the same problem, leading me to believe this is a problem with windows????

Do those registry programs you can buy work?

Any advice?

Old 03-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Without the ability to send e-mails your computer is practically useless. Try looking at the server settings and look at what Outlook thinks is the outbound e-mail server. Check this address with your internet provider and see if you have the outbound server correct. Otherwise try Thunderbird, it really could careless if it is working with IE, Mozilla or Firefox. Its a self contained e-mail software that plays nice with the web browser and the OS unlike Outlook Express.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I tried thunderbird same result.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

Try these things:

1. Reset your router/modem (Unplug it, or see if there is a reset button, which you need a pen to push)

2. Phone people around your neighborhood and see if they have problems with e-mail. Could be an ISP problem.

3. See if you can access your email on the web. Some ISP's have this feature
Old 03-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I would say that it is a problem with your ISP. Call them and ask if their mail server has been down.

It may aslo be a problem with your firewall. Make sure that it is set to allow outlook to access the internet.
You can also try setting your network to be trusted by your firewall.

Yes, the registry programs to work, but only some of them. Be carefull of the program you use, I know someone who ran a registry program, and it deleted half his registry. He had to re-install windows as a result.
Closed Thread