Which OS Best 4 Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
horndude said:
ya, thats cause Nlite isnt quite debugged just yet, it still as some problems from what I read the other night from you guys

check piratebay, its on there

I think what the issue is, is that the windows registry is likely hard to deal with, separating main apps from the system probably needs whatever SDK microsoft uses to build windows, which they havent made publicly available unless you pay a few thousand bucks for it. Microsoft did this for security and $$ im sure.

Im guessing whomever wrote Nlite did some reverse engineering and they havent gotten everything yet. What the registry does is similar to how linux uses a linker or library locator to tell it where to find libraries to run apps, only with windows almost all installed apps get registered too so if windows doesnt know they are there, they wont run or be allowed to use common libraries. Thats something new with NT and XP, files cant be shared by apps running at the same time cept under certain conditions. System files can be, user files cant. They kinda took an adhoc approach to separating user files from system files, hey had too because XP isnt a multiuser OS, just sort of acts like one. Vista is supposed to change this a bit.

thanks for the info. I got it. can you install any programs that you want on it?

Yes and no, ms office wont run on it, not sure if .net apps will either, the instructions dont say, just says office wont. Most other apps will no problem, add firefox and thunderbird and youve got a surfing machine.

Only app it comes with is ms paint, so anything else you have to add, IE is not included.

horndude said:
Yes and no, ms office wont run on it, not sure if .net apps will either, the instructions dont say, just says office wont. Most other apps will no problem, add firefox and thunderbird and youve got a surfing machine.

Only app it comes with is ms paint, so anything else you have to add, IE is not included.

This would be *****ing for gaming! Like boot to this partition with nothing but the stripped OS and the games installed! Curious though without Explorer installed how you browse around with command prompt? Or is explorer there in TinyXP? Any sites where I can download this OS? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom