Old LCD Monitor, Going To Need Drivers Foro Win7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedjunior

Daemon Poster
I'm getting ready to build, but I'm not ready to replace my trusty HYUNDAI L90D+ yet. Is this thing going to need drivers to work on Windows 7? I know it needs drivers to not look/scroll like crap on Windows XP. Unfortunately its not supported by Hyundai anymore.

No its not, if it works on XP it will work on Win7. What you need to figure out is if they make the drivers for your video card, which they prolly do unless you are running some ancient hardware.

No its not, if it works on XP it will work on Win7. What you need to figure out is if they make the drivers for your video card, which they prolly do unless you are running some ancient hardware.
I run an 8800GT, so its not that old. But I'm getting a new video card anyway and that's not even really the issue.

The monitor however, does have a driver disk. If I just plug in the monitor, the colors are all out of wack and scrolling up/down makes the screen skip/freeze momentarily. Once the drivers are installed and setup is complete, the monitor runs like it should. These drivers though, as far as I know, are only compatible with XP (vista wasn't even a rumor yet). Am I going to need drivers for this monitor, or has Vista/7 eliminated the need for such things? Or is there some sort of setup wizard on all XP that I've somehow missed all these years that negates the need for the software/drivers to be installed?

Yes the compatibility mode feature on the right click menu is awesome and if that doesn't work, update will probably have it as an optional update.. also the alert center in the notification area is sweet. (it sniffs these kind of issues out). unless you try and use a tuner or sound card then thats a whole new ball game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom