New hardware found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hereh

Solid State Member
Earlier today I got a message saying New hardware found when I didn't install anything.Someone else was using my home computer so it could be that they installed this new hardware or....it could be a fake message from the internet containing something dangerous to the PC.Is there any way to recheck back what it was?I clicked cancel and I can't remember what this "New Hardware" was called.

It could have been malware - it could have also been a loose connection like your printer.

First thing is to check device manager to see if anything weird shows up there or if any devices are not recognized.

Second run a malwarebytes scan as well as a virus scan with your AV software - just in case it was malware you clicked on.

If nothing shows up weird in device manager and malwarebytes and your AV don't show anything then it probably was just a loose connection or windows wigging out and reinstalling something like a keyboard driver.

It could have been someone disabled a device, it could have been a USB device like a Thumb Drive that was inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom