New computer problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouNMe1

Beta member
I recently bought a new computer with Vista, i turned it on. But then i relised the time so i turned it off, hoping to reinstall vista when i get home but to my surprise i get the error message "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered
an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows,
click "OK" or restart the computer, and then restart the installation"

So i click OK, and it says the same message, over and over again. how can i reinstall it? I don't have the vista installation disk, is there any solution?

And if i buy a new Vista CD and did a clean Vista installation would that work? Any feedback would be appreicated

Hello,

Can you hit F12 right after the BIOS screen to enter the Recovery Partition to restore your system to Factory Settings?

Cheers,
Mak

Nope, it won't boot-up into safe mode either.

Could i buy a new Hard drive and do a clean installation with a Vista CD?

Hello,

What Vista CD? You said you did not get the Vista reinstall media. So you wouldnt be able to reinstall. If you are talking about the Vista REcoveyr CD from NeoSmart that is only a CD to revoery parts of your current install. It can not be used to reinstall Vista.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

If you do not have the Recovery Partition then you have to contact the manufacturer to get the media.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Are you trying to repair thru the Recovery Console? If so not possible. You have to do a repair install.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

I am not sure of what you are asking. But i hope i answered it.

Cheers,
Mak

hi mak!
i mean i want to repaie window Xp by using recovery console, not by graphic.
i heart that repair by using recovery console is more faster than graphic
so i wanna try using recovery console.please mark do me a help!
i am looking forward to seeing your!
thanks!
cheer!

Like Mak said in his previous post, its not possible to do a repair install of XP through the recovery console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom